Search This Blog

Monday, January 16, 2006

The "It never fails" Category

Some mysteries of life can just be filed away under "It never fails".

I don't know why but whenever I want to get an item out of the clothes drier, it is always on the bottom of the pile....always.

When I grab some paper clips, they have somehow become entangled. There can be 500 paper clips in the box, but it never fails that the ones I grab have "married" each other.

When I am in a hurry to take a jacket out of the closet, the coat hanger does a double flip and lands down behind in the most inconvenient place to reach, one that entails getting on hands and knees with butt high up in the air.

If I, out of the goodness of my heart, let someone with fewer items than me go ahead in the grocery line, it always turns out they forgot something, run to get it and make the rest of us wait. Either that or the clerk knows the customer and they have a 5 minute talk about their kids, husbands or whatever. Just hurry the heck up! I want to get out of here before the ice cream melts.

The last pair of nylons (How is that for showing my age? I didn't call them panty hose) will get a run before I can walk out of the bedroom.

The utensil I want from the utility drawer is always in the back and wedged under everything else. What! Do the spatulas, measuring spoons and cheese graters move around at night? I'm sure I put them back where they belonged.....I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment