Search This Blog

Friday, November 21, 2008

World Toilet Day

Holy Cow. The 19th was World Toilet Day.....how could I have missed this significant event!!

The big news that may affect us all is the proposal to have flush less or waterless toilets. I know, we need to cut down on excessive water usage, especially in the more arid places of the world like Australia where they are proposing a toilet tax. Earth groovy and all that stuff and I'm not opposed to saving water, energy, whales or anything else.

We already have the government intruding into our lives telling us what to eat and what not to eat. What kind of light bulbs we must use and even proposing to regulate the temperature in our homes with remotely controlled thermostats. We already have low flow shower heads that can barely get the soap out of our hair. Low flushing toilets that you have to flush several times to .....well you know.

I don't know how a dry toilet would actually work and remain sceptical.

But I have to admit my first thought on this subject was.....how are you going to clean it!!! Eeeeeewwww.

2 comments:

  1. With regard to cleaning toilets, the people who propose this crap (pun intended) have people that do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ask this question a lot ... What is WRONG with people?!?!

    Hubby and I want to build our own home someday. One thing that always crosses my mind is how we are going to find regular toilets. All they sell out there is the crappy (ha!) low flow kind. I'm tempted to take our old toilets from the current house with us! hahaha

    ReplyDelete