Search This Blog

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Gender Analyser....I'm So Conflicted

This is pretty funny. I ran across this post from Gateway Pundit about a program that can analyze your writing style and determin if you are a man or a woman. http://www.genderanalyzer.com/

So, I thought, let's see...... Entering in the URL for Dust Bunnies of the Mind

We think http://dustbun.blogspot.com is written by a man (65%).

OK....how about my other blog Recipe Junkie??

We think http://recipejunkie.blogspot.com is written by a woman (89%).

I guess it matters what you are writing about. Either that or I have a split personality and need some serious help. When I'm Dust Bunny Queen. I'm 65% man, but when I'm talking recipes and food 89% woman.

More test result from the genderanalyzer site. Here is a personality profile. Evidently my writing style on Dust Bunnies is

ISTP - The Mechanics

The independent and problem-solving type. They are especially attuned to the demands of the moment are masters of responding to challenges that arise spontaneously. They generally prefer to think things out for themselves and often avoid inter-personal conflicts. The Mechanics enjoy working together with other independent and highly skilled people and often like seek fun and action both in their work and personal life. They enjoy adventure and risk such as in driving race cars or working as policemen and firefighters


This is interesting because my formal personality profiles taken for work purposes have usually turned out to be INTJ or ISTJ. My husband is an ISTJ.

HOWEVER....analyizing Recipe Junke, it seems that I'm

ESFP - The Performers

The entertaining and friendly type. They are especially attuned to pleasure and beauty and like to fill their surroundings with soft fabrics, bright colors and sweet smells. They live in the present moment and don´t like to plan ahead - they are always in risk of exhausting themselves. The enjoy work that makes them able to help other people in a concrete and visible way. They tend to avoid conflicts and rarely initiate confrontation - qualities that can make it hard for them in management positions


It's official. I'm schizo!!

Dust Bunnies is 32% Mark Twain. Recipe Junkie is 46% Frank Baum. The Wizard of Oz.

I am a bit worried however, since my husband's blog is 45% Edgar Alan Poe

2 comments:

  1. I also was an ISTP in the internet world and INTJ in the real world. I work as a historical consultant, which is very much an INTJ-oriented career, but I also have been a soldier for twenty year, which fits the adventure and risk part of ISTP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was certainly interesting for me to read this blog. Thank you for it. I like such themes and anything connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

    ReplyDelete